- This article is about the cybernetic giant. For the TV series, see Sym-Bionic Titan
The Sym-Bionic Titan is the cybernetic giant formed by combining Octus, Ilana's Corus armor and Lance's Manus armor. It is first formed when the Fire Monster attacks Earth, and Octus discovers he has a "sym-bionic defense protocol" hidden in his programming. The people of Earth start referring to the giant as "the Titan," and Ilana proposes using the name.
When the Sym-Bionic Titan forms, it is controlled jointly by Octus, Lance and Ilana. Following the philosophy of Galaluna, Titan is formed when mind (Octus), body (Lance) and heart (Ilana) unite as one. They have a merged consciousness, which is depicted as the three of them floating in a space surrounded by green Galalunan script. If they do not cooperate or are in conflict, Titan will not operate properly. ("Elephant Logic") Also, if one or more of them are fatigued or injured, Titan will be weakened. ("Shaman of Fear")
Titan has replication systems that can generate new parts seemingly out of nowhere, which is presumably how its massive body is created each time it forms. Additionally it can generate new systems and seemingly any weapon its users can imagine:
- Sym-Bionic Sword, Titan's most commonly-used weapon
- Sym-Bionic Shields of various sizes
- Sym-Bionic Spear ("Shaman of Fear")
- Sym-Bionic Polearm, resembling a bardiche or poleaxe. ("Showdown at Sherman High")
- Sym-Bionic Butterfly Swords: Dual Chinese-style butterfly swords ("Lessons in Love")
- Energy Cannon: Titan's arm morphs into a cannon that fires energy blasts from its core. ("Lessons in Love")
- Sym-Bionic Mace ("The Ballad of Scary Mary")
- Sym-Bionic Bow and Arrows ("I Am Octus")
- Cronus Chain, a weapon Lance learned about on his expeditions to Cronus-7. It resembles a ninja's kusarigama (chain-sickle). Titan can use it to ensnare enemies that are too fast for its sword. ("Disenfranchised")
- Flight mode: Thrusters in Titan's feet and/or on its back allow it to fly at high speeds. ("Elephant Logic")
- Space flight mode: Titan transforms with a different helmet configuration, larger thrusters on its feet, and forms wings on its back, allowing it fly into space. ("Tashy 497")
The Sym-Bionic Titan falls into the category of Super Robots as the term is used in manga and anime. It is super-powered, highly damage resistant, and is not restricted by real world science. For example, when Titan splits up, it instantly disappears in a flash of light with no explanation as to what happens to most of its mass.